Since 1955, The Association of Former Students has recognized outstanding members of Texas A&M’s faculty and staff for their commitment, performance and positive impact on Aggie students, Texas citizens and the world around them.
Each recipient receives an award plaque, an engraved watch, and a cash gift, all furnished by The Association of Former Students. Donors to The Association of Former Students provide funding for this program.
Distinguished Achievement Award University Level Criteria & Nomination Information
The 2019 Distinguished Achievement Awards will be formally presented at 1:30 p.m. on Monday, April 29, during ceremonies in Rudder Theatre on the Texas A&M University campus. In recognition of their achievements, each recipient will receive a cash gift, an engraved watch and a commemorative plaque.
The 2019 recipients, along with their departments/affiliations are:
- Erick Moreno-Centeno, Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, College of Engineering
- Wei-Jung Chen, Department of Neuroscience & Experimental Therapeutics, College of Medicine
- Cheryl Herman, Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- Claire Katz, Department of Philosophy, College of Liberal Arts
- Wei Li, Department of Landscape Architecture & Urban Planning, College of Architecture
- Duncan S. MacKenzie, Department of Biology, College of Science
- John F. Murphy, School of Law
- Scott Schaefer, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, College of Engineering
- Nancy Street, Department of Communication, College of Liberal Arts
- Radhika Viruru '90, Department of Teaching, Learning, & Culture, Education and Human Development
- Nicolaas E. Deutz, Department of Health & Kinesiology, College of Education and Human Development
- Francois Gabbai, Department of Chemistry, College of Science
- Yassin A. Hassan, Department of Nuclear Engineering, College of Engineering
- Katrin Hinrichs, Department of Veterinary Physiology & Pharmacology, College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- P.R. Kumar, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, College of Engineering
- M. Suhail Zubairy, Department of Physics & Astronomy, College of Science
For Individual Student Engagement:
- Rafael Almanzar '21, Department of Biochemistry & Biophysics, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Rebecca Burns, College of Nursing
- Sherry J. Yennello, Department of Chemistry, College of Science
For Extension, Outreach, Continuing Education and Professional Development:
- Tatiana Erukhimova, Department of Physics, College of Science
- Jennifer Boyle '97, Department of Student Activities, Division of Student Affairs
- Krista May, Department of English, College of Liberal Arts
For Graduate Mentoring
- Bani K. Mallick, Department of Statistics, College of Science
- Guy Whitten, Department of Political Science, College of Liberal Arts
Read more about this year's recipients on the Dean of Faculties Website.