Are you interested in running for Class Agent? Please see the guidelines and pre-election documents.
Each organized Class of former students has an elected set of Class Agents (2 to 5 person team) who serve as liaisons between their Class and The Association. Class Agents are first elected during the student body elections of their junior year and serve until the Class holds its first formal reunion. New Class Agents are elected each succeeding five years either during the Class Reunion or through online elections. Should an elected Class Agent be unable to complete his/her term of office, the Senior Class President, a previous Class Agent or approved replacement should serve until the next Class Reunion or election. Class Agents work closely with The Association’s Class Programs team to plan Reunions that are held on campus and across the state, and to maintain contact with Classmates through Class newsletters and web communications.
Through Class fundraising efforts, former students provide support for Association programs and projects, scholarships and other gifts to Texas A&M. The Association’s Class Programs team manages and supports the Class Agents and all Class-sponsored activities.
Our staff also organizes and promotes the 50th Class Reunion held each spring as well as the annual Sul Ross Group Reunion for all Classes who have graduated at least 55 years ago.
Class Agent Roles & Responsibilities
- Attend the Leadership Council Weekends held in the Fall and Spring
- Attend a Class Agent training workshop held at The Association upon election
- Serve on the Leadership Council where you will represent your Class
- Learn about the Annual Fund, the Century Club and other contribution programs at The Association of Former Students.
- Be an Active Member & encourage Classmates to become Active Members of The Association.*
- Pass Class news items and Classmate updates on to The Association
- Write 2-3 Class newsletters a year
- Keep in touch with Classmates
- Plan, organize and facilitate formal and mini Class Reunions with the assistance of The Association staff
- Manage any existing or new Class Gifts
- Maintain ties with Classmates and serve as the liaison between your Class and The Association of Former Students
*An Active Member of the Annual Fund is someone who contributes at the $50 level or higher.