Nominate A Former Student For A&M Awards, Honors
Susan "Sue" Owen '94
October 23, 2019 10:54 AM
updated: July 28, 2020 8:41 AM
- 2021 Distinguished Alumnus Award: Highest honor bestowed on a former student by A&M and Association. Nominations for 2021 are open January-Oct. 7, 2020, at tx.ag/DAnominations.
- 12 Under 12 Young Alumni Spotlight: Outstanding Ags who have graduated in the past 12 years. Nominations for 2020 closed Feb. 28 and profile submissions were open March 2-May 31 at AggieNetwork.com/12under12spotlight.
- Speaker at student-run campus Muster: Typically, each fall, the student Muster committee will announce via their website and social media the deadline to nominate a speaker for next April's campus Muster. Nominations for the 2020 speaker were open Oct. 11-Oct. 25, 2019.
- Speakers at more than 300 local Musters: You can volunteer to speak at local Musters or other Aggie events! Add yourself to The Association's Speakers Bureau: AggieNetwork.com/speakersbureau
- Fish Camp namesakes (typically, each of more than 40 camps every summer has a namesake): In October, watch Fish Camp's website and social media to see when nominations will open and close. Nominations for Fish Camp 2020 were open Oct. 15-Nov. 8, 2019.
- Aggie Transition Camps namesakes: Nominations for 2019-20 ended Sept. 21, 2019; watch the website for 2020 nominations. (Individuals who can attend the camps in January are preferred.)
- Young Alumni Advisory Council: Apply before July 31, 2020, to serve on the council January 2021-December 2022. This group of over three dozen Aggies from the most recent 10 A&M Classes serves as volunteers helping The Association of Former Students. AggieNetwork.com/ya/yaac.aspx
- Aggie 100: Fastest-growing Aggie-led businesses. All companies must be nominated, and the nomination period is year-round (2020 nominations closed May 29, so nominations now are for 2021). Once a company is nominated, they fill out an application; 2020 applications are open May 8-June 17. https://aggie100.com
- Distinguished Aggie Lawyer Award from the Texas Aggie Bar Association: 2020 nominations closed Jan. 17. http://www.aggielaw.org/DistinguishedAggieLawyer
- Aggie Women Legacy Awards: Honors Aggie women who have achieved excellence and impacted future Aggies. 2020 nominations are open April 1-June 25. https://aggiewomen.org/Legacy-Award-Nomination
- Texas A&M Parents of the Year: Note: Does NOT have to be a former student, but certainly can be; included here because of the honor's significance. Honored each year at Family Weekend. Nominations typically are accepted in December and January. Nominations for 2020 were open Dec. 2-Jan. 31, 2019. familyprograms.tamu.edu/parents-of-the-year-2/
Association donors’ gifts support programs for current and former students including Muster, Fish Camp, constituent networks such as Aggie Women, Texas A&M Young Alumni programs and many more. You can strengthen the Aggie Network by adding your support at tx.ag/give.