Thank you for your interest in Aggies on the Hill! The 2018 dates have been set: April 24-25.
Please click on the following link to RSVP for our reception: https://tx.ag/AOTHClosingReception
Aggies on the Hill is a biennial event in our nation's capital that promotes awareness and encourages federal support for Texas A&M University and higher education. The event also recognizes and celebrates all the great former students who live and work in the area.
If you live in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area and would like to participate or get involved with the Texas A&M Advocacy Network, please email us at email@example.com. Thanks and gig 'em!
What is Aggies on the Hill?
- Biennial event hosted by The Association of Former Students in coordination with Texas A&M’s and the System's government relations team(s).
- A delegation of leadership from Texas A&M meeting with elected officials (and former students) in order to increase public and legislative support for higher education, particularly Texas A&M University.
- Opportunity to showcase one of the country’s best & biggest universities… highlighting the significant contributions the university and Aggies make to Texas and to the nation.
Why do we conduct Aggies on the Hill?
- Advocate for federal support of public universities and higher education.
- Recognize Aggies who serve in elected positions in Washington, D.C., and Aggies who serve on Capitol Hill staffs with members and committees.
- Re-connect with Aggies who live in D.C. and Baltimore.
- Emphasize the importance of common good: research, social mobility, “ladders & labs,” higher wages, long-term health, life satisfaction, home ownership rates, etc. as a result of attaining a college degree.
2018 Event Photos
House Office Visits