Place An Aggie’s Name On The Muster Roll
Susan "Sue" Owen '94
April 7, 2020 11:51 AM
updated: April 10, 2020 4:12 PM
The worldwide Muster Roll for each year is compiled by The Association from reports submitted by Aggies and family. You can view the list, which is updated daily, at tx.ag/RollCall.
Names added by April 12 will be part of this year’s Worldwide Roll Call reading, to begin at 6:51 a.m. CDT on April 21, 2020, livestreamed at Muster Live.
This list is also the database from which local Musters draw names to read. For 2020, many Musters have adjusted or postponed to curb the spread of COVID-19; find updates for specific Musters by looking up their entry at tx.ag/FindAMuster.
- Go to tx.ag/RollCall. To filter the list, click on column headings: "Name," to view all alphabetically, or "Class," to view by A&M Class year.
- Email news of the Aggie’s passing to SilverTaps@AggieNetwork.com, or fill out the form at this link: tx.ag/SilverTapsReport.
Please include as much information as possible, including the person's name and Class year, details, and links to online obituaries (when available). To submit photos, please email them (with identifying information) to SilverTaps@AggieNetwork.com. For assistance, call The Association at 979-845-7514.
- Local Musters: Typically, the Aggie’s name is sent to their local Muster and added by request to other Musters where possible. But with many local Musters postponed or canceled in 2020, it is wise to contact your local Muster chair to find out their plans. Updates and contact information are at tx.ag/FindAMuster.
- Campus Muster: The student-run campus Muster usually held in Reed Arena will not meet in person in 2020, but will hold a virtual event that will livestream at 7 p.m. CDT April 21 on the Muster Live website. Although it is often believed that this Muster calls all Aggies’ names, that has never been the case; like other Musters, it calls a shorter roll primarily consisting of members of its local community. To see the categories of names eligible to be called at this Muster, visit tx.ag/Criteria. To request that a name be added to that list, contact the student Muster Roll Call coordinators before 5 p.m. April 13 at CampusRollCall@gmail.com.
- Worldwide Roll Call: Since 2018, The Association of Former Students has undertaken to read aloud more than 1,600 names on the complete Muster Roll and answer each name with a “Here,” to ensure that no Aggie’s name is missed. For 2020, this reading will be livestreamed starting at 6:51 a.m. April 21 and is expected to last approximately three hours. Names are read by order of Class year, and alphabetically within each Class. All are invited to watch at MusterLive.AggieNetwork.com. The video will be replayable and rewindable any time after it starts.
- The information you emailed to SilverTaps@AggieNetwork.com will help The Association write the brief obituary that will run in Texas Aggie magazine and create an online post honoring the Aggie. Extra copies of the magazine can be ordered by calling 979-845-7514.
Thank you for your help in ensuring the Worldwide Roll includes all the Aggies we have lost. Please share any of the information here with family and friends who may need it, and contact us at Muster@AggieNetwork.com if there is more assistance we can provide.