Holland "Holly" Wuthrich '16 October 9, 2019 9:38 AM updated: October 10, 2019 9:34 PM
One CH-47F Chinook and two UH-60M Blackhawk helicopters with Aggie pilots will provide the Kyle Field flyover for Saturday’s Texas A&M football game against Alabama.
Aircraft and crews are part of the “Mustang” 36th Combat Aviation Brigade of the Texas Army National Guard, located at Austin Bergstrom International Airport.
The 36th CAB is equipped with CH-47F Chinook and UH-60M Blackhawk helicopters, capable of providing air assault, heavy and medium lift support and moving troops, equipment and supplies for friendly forces anywhere in the world. Most recent operations include deployment to the Middle East and domestic relief efforts of Tropical Storm Imelda and Hurricane Harvey.
The CH-47F Chinook and crew are out of “Hookmaster” Company B 2-149th General Support Aviation Battalion.
CH-47F Chinook crew:
• Pilot in command – Maj. Carisa Kimbro ’01
• Pilot – Chief Warrant Officer 5 Trent Lewis (Aggie dad)
• Flight engineer – Sgt. George Devore
• Crew Chief – Sgt. Jaxon Martin
The UH-60M Blackhawks and crews are out of “Shiner” Company B 1-108th Assault Helicopter Battalion.
UH-60M Blackhawk crews:
• Pilot in command and air mission commander – Chief Warrant Officer 5 Drew Segraves (Aggie dad)
• Pilot – Maj. Jordan Boyd ’03
• Crew Chief – Sgt. 1st Class Michael Jones
• Crew Chief – Spc. Dallas Merz
• Pilot in command – Chief Warrant Officer 2 Ryan Cantini ’07
• Pilot – Capt. Chase Yarbrough (Aggie dad)
• Crew Chief – Sgt. Daniel Barnett
• Crew Chief – Sgt. Alberto Martinez
Donors to The Association of Former Students help provide accommodations for the flyover crews on Aggie Game Days. Thank you for your support!
Join the tens of thousands of generous Aggies who give to support Texas A&M and Texas Aggies. Visit tx.ag/Give.