Save Your TAMU.edu Email To A Free Aggie Account!
Susan "Sue" Owen '94
July 30, 2018 11:28 AM
updated: May 11, 2022 9:43 AM
Unlimited Google storage is ending in 2022. Learn more
Once you become a former student, your @TAMU.edu email address and Google account will expire within a few years.
But you can create a free, lifetime @AggieNetwork.com email address and port up to 10 GB of the contents of your Texas A&M Gmail to it!
This service is a free benefit to all Aggies, thanks to Association donors. Here’s how to make it work:
Set up an @AggieNetwork.com email
- Log in to AggieNetwork.com (if you need to create an account, it’s free and quick to do so).
- Go to tx.ag/myemail.
- Create an @AggieNetwork email account.
Forward your @TAMU.edu email
- Log in to tx.ag/TAMUforward with your NetID.
- Select the “Forwarded to” option.
- Enter your new AggieNetwork.com email address and hit “Save.”
Ensure your @TAMU.edu Gmail box is under 10 GB
Transfer your @TAMU.edu Gmail contents
- Log in to your TAMU Gmail account.
- Go to takeout.google.com/transfer.
- Enter your @AggieNetwork.com email as the “destination account” and hit “Send Code.”
- Log into your @AggieNetwork.com Gmail box at gmail.com to get the verification email.
- Open the verification email from Google and click “Get confirmation code.”
- Copy the code, then hit “Continue.” You may need to log in with your NetID and TAMU password.
- Paste in the code and hit “Verify.”
- Ensure that Gmail is selected and hit “Start transfer.”
- Depending on the size of your TAMU Gmail box, it may take a while for the transfer to complete. You’ll get an email from Google when it’s done.
To prepare for Google’s upcoming storage policy changes, new @AggieNetwork.com email accounts no longer include Google Drive. You may visit takeout.google.com to download a copy of your TAMU Google Drive to your computer. Learn more about the Google policy changes here.