Oct. 28-31, 2018
San Antonio, TX
Howdy Class of ’62 Aggies,
Our 2018 Class Mini-Reunion will be held in San Antonio at the Embassy Suites Hotel from Sunday, October 28th through Wednesday, October 31st. Location: We picked San Antonio for the same reason we picked Galveston for our last Mini-Reunion. It’s a destination city. Dates: We selected those dates because we didn’t want the Sul Ross reunion in March and the Mini to be too close together, and because those dates fall between two away games – Mississippi State on Oct 27th and Auburn on Nov 3rd. Venue: We selected the Embassy Suites Hotel because (1) it’s on the Riverwalk, (2) everyone will have a two-room suite, (3) it has complimentary made-to-order breakfast for guests staying at the hotel, and (4) it has complimentary drinks and snacks every evening at 5:30 also for guest staying at the hotel!
Here are some of the key events we have planned for you:
· You will check in Sunday. After registering, enjoy the hotel’s free drinks and snacks, and have dinner with your outfit buddies. Plenty of quality restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.
· On Monday, we’ll go to Aggie Park for lunch with the San Antonio A&M Club. The club has been in existence for 97 years. It was the first club to be chartered by the Association of Former Students, and is the only club that has its own facility. We’ll have a guest speaker you won’t want to miss.
· Monday evening we’ll gather at Trisha and Chaz Neely’s house for drinks and nibbles. The Neely’s are 2018 recipients of the Texas A&M Foundation’s prestigious Sterling C. Evans Medal for their significant support to the University over the years.
· Tuesday afternoon we will enjoy a relaxing and scenic sail down the San Antonio River on a barge with margaritas and light snacks.
· Tuesday evening we’ll have our Class Banquet in the hotel ballroom with another outstanding guest speaker: Elaine Mendoza, Vice Chairman of the Texas A&M System Board of Regents. Elaine Mendoza ‘87 received a Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering from Texas A&M University.
· We will checkout Wednesday after your complimentary made-to-order breakfast for those staying at the Embassy!
Again, the dates are Oct 28th – 31st. You will be getting lots of reminders between now and then. Go ahead and book your hotel room directly with the Embassy Suites using the reunion code. When The Association of Former Students opens registration, please remember to register on AggieNetwork.com. Don’t forget to call all of your Aggie Buddies and encourage them to register.
Greg Garcia, Zay Gilbreath, Dennis Meadows, Ron Treat
A block of rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis for the Class of '62 Mini Reunion. Make your reservations by visiting the Embassy Suites website, or calling directly at (210) 226-9000 before Oct. 8. Be sure to reference the Group Code: T62 to receive the special group rate for the weekend. Call and make your reservation today as many of the hotels fill up fast!
Embassy Suites San Antonio River Walk — Reunion Headquarters hotel
125 E. Houston Street, San Antonio, TX 78205 — (210) 226-9000
Group Name: Class of '62 Mini Reunion
Deadline: October 8, 2018
Check-in time: 4 p.m.
Check-out time: Noon