The Association of Former Students

The Association

The Association of Former Students traces its origin to the Ex-Cadets Association formed in 1879 and later to the A&M Alumni Association and Alpha Phi Fraternity. In 1919, a coalition was formed and adopted the name "The Association of Former Students." Since 1879, much has changed in organization and details, but the fundamental objectives of The Association remain the same.

At the Clayton W. Williams, Jr. Alumni Center

The founding charter of 1925 stated that The Association of Former Students is formed for "the support of benevolent, charitable and educational undertakings by extending financial and other aid to students of Texas A&M University; by promoting social, literary and scientific pursuits; by perpetuating and strengthening the ties of affection and esteem formed in university or college days; by promoting the interests and welfare of Texas A&M University and education generally in the State of Texas."

Our Mission

  • Strengthen The Association of Former Students
  • Promote the interests and welfare of Texas A&M University
  • Perpetuate ties of affection and esteem formed in university or college days
  • Serve the Student Body.