Tracing its origins back to 1879, The Association of Former Students exists to strengthen and serve Texas A&M University and its students and former students. As a premier nonprofit organization with a team of 80 FTEs, The Association exemplifies the Aggie Core Values of Excellence, Integrity Leadership, Loyalty, Respect and Selfless Service as it serves the worldwide Aggie Network.
The Association of Former Students is a team, and each member of the team is important to the overall success of the organization. To be successful as a team, we place high expectations on ourselves and one another. To achieve our goals and mission, each team member will:
- Display a positive, customer-focused attitude and treat all individuals with courtesy and respect.
- Manage each customer experience with the highest level of service and enthusiasm. Seek opportunities to exceed expectations and develop lasting relationships.
- Make innovative contributions by proactively challenging current practices and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contribute to our team environment by being a productive, supportive and reliable teammate. Take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes produced.
- Lead with a positive example, and in doing so, inspire others to fulfill the expectations of our team.
Full Time Positions
Coordinator of Events - Current Student Emphasis
Coordinator of Former Student Programs - Class Programs
Gift Processing Assistant
Communications and Human Resources Assistant - no longer accepting applications, received applications are under review
Part-Time/Student Assistant Positions
Strategic Engagement Student Assistant- no longer accepting applications, received applications are under review
Various Student Assistant Positions open each semester as we near graduation. Departments include Accounting, Former Student Programs, Aggie Ring Program, Development, IT and Travel. If you are interested in exploring employment with The Association of Former Students, please submit a cover letter, a completed application tx.ag/Application, your resume and your upcoming class schedule to HumanResources@AggieNetwork.com or deliver to 505 George Bush Drive College Station, TX 77840.
Strategic Engagement Student Assistant
M-F 8:00am-5:00pm Occasional evenings and weekends
Hours Per Week:
Part-time student employees who works closely with the Director of Strategic Engagement to manage the Texas A&M Advocacy Network, associated programs and events.
• Schedules meetings with Texas A&M Government Relations staff, state/federal legislative offices, Texas A&M affiliated clubs, and other key stakeholders.
• Drafts monthly newsletters and correspondence with Aggie Advocates and Former Students.
• Drafts social media posts on Texas A&M Advocacy Network Facebook and Twitter accounts.
• Answers questions from Former Students about the Texas A&M Advocacy Network
• Assists in legislative event planning (Orange & Maroon Legislative Day, Aggies on the Hill, and other events throughout Texas).
• Drafts congratulatory letters for Former Students that receive Gubernatorial Appointments.
• Assists with updating and maintaining advocacy website and database.
• Creates training material for advocacy event staff and volunteers.
• Creates travel folders (itinerary, reservations, maps, biographies, etc.).
• Captures meeting minutes and follow-up tasks for re-occurring Strategic Engagement and Government Relations meetings.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities which may include:
• Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council Meetings.
• Participation on internal event and task committees.
• Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, TNT, Ring Delivery, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala and Game Day events, as needed.
• Represents The Association as needed at events.
Acts as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M. occasional other duties as assigned.
Required: Pursuing at least a Bachelor’s degree. Interest in government and/or higher education policy.
Preferred: MPSA Program; Sophomore Classification of Above.
Required: Extensive working knowledge of standard office equipment and software including: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Required: Ability to operate a keyboard and a valid driver’s license.
Required: Effective oral and written communication skills including public speaking. Personable and customer service attitude. Ability to interact with a diverse population and maintain attention to detail.
Preferred: Ability to travel periodically.
The Association of Former Students is a not for profit 501(c)(3) organization and is independent of Texas A&M University and the Texas A&M University System. This is NOT considered an "ON CAMPUS" job.
You may download a job application at tx.ag/Application
You can submit your completed application, resume and class schedule by one of three methods. On the Application, please put "Strategic Engagement Student Assistant" in the applying for section.
1. Print, Sign, Scan and email in one attachment to HumanResources@AggieNetwork.com
2. Mail to: Human Resources 505 George Bush Drive College Station, TX 77840
3. Deliver directly to The Association of Former Students Front Desk
Ruffalo Noel Levitz Non-Profit Fundraising Professional
Student Fundraisers are responsible for calling friends, family and former students of Texas A&M University on behalf of The Association of Former Students, providing institutional updates, stewarding fundraising efforts and updating contact information. Students will utilize an automated calling system in a professional and enthusiastic environment. Qualified candidates will demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, insightful knowledge of the institution, ability to accept direction and a strong desire to achieve goals. The Call Center offers flexible scheduling Sunday from 1-4:30 p.m. and 5:30–9, and Monday - Thursday 5:30-9 p.m. Student Fundraisers are required to select and work 3 shifts each week with at least one of those shifts being on the weekend. Flexible scheduling, tuition assistance and bonus opportunities are available.
To apply, visit http://tamu.thecallingcenter.com