Tracing its origins back to 1879, The Association of Former Students exists to strengthen and serve Texas A&M University and its students and former students. As a premier nonprofit organization with a team of 80 FTEs, The Association exemplifies the Aggie Core Values of Excellence, Integrity Leadership, Loyalty, Respect and Selfless Service as it serves the worldwide Aggie Network.
The Association of Former Students is a team, and each member of the team is important to the overall success of the organization. To be successful as a team, we place high expectations on ourselves and one another. To achieve our goals and mission, each team member will:
- Display a positive, customer-focused attitude and treat all individuals with courtesy and respect.
- Manage each customer experience with the highest level of service and enthusiasm. Seek opportunities to exceed expectations and develop lasting relationships.
- Make innovative contributions by proactively challenging current practices and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contribute to our team environment by being a productive, supportive and reliable teammate. Take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes produced.
- Lead with a positive example, and in doing so, inspire others to fulfill the expectations of our team.
Full Time Positions
Coordinator of Events - Former Student Emphasis
Coordinator of Events - Current Student Emphasis
Part-Time/Student Assistant Positions
- Video Production Student Assistant
- Call Center
Various Student Assistant Positions open each semester as we near graduation. Departments include Accounting, Former Student Programs, Aggie Ring Program, Development, IT and Travel. If you are interested in exploring employment with The Association of Former Students, please submit a cover letter, a completed application tx.ag/Application, your resume and your upcoming class schedule to HumanResources@AggieNetwork.com or deliver to 505 George Bush Drive College Station, TX 77840.
Video Production Student Assistant
M-F 8:00am-5:00pm Occasional evenings and weekends
Hours Per Week:
Contribute to The Association’s marketing and communications efforts by serving as the in-house videographer and editor for a variety of multimedia projects.
Primary Duties: Perform specific tasks in support of Marketing and Communications objectives
• Film and edit video material from activities and events at the Clayton W. Williams, Jr. Alumni Center and on/off campus.
• Produce videos to be used within various Association communications channels (i.e., Huddleston Video Wall, social media, AggieNetwork.com, presentations, etc.).
• Design graphics to be used in videos and other multimedia projects.
• Edit pre-existing video footage into material to be used by both Marketing and Communications.
• Organize and archive footage for use in current and future projects.
• Create presentations using both video and photography for Association activities/events.
• Work on a daily basis with PC editing software.
• Assisting with Association events
• Other duties as assigned
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities which may include:
• Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council Meetings.
• Participation on internal event and task committees.
• Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, The Next Tradition, Aggie Ring Day , Class Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala and All-Aggie Tailgate , as needed.
• Represents The Association as needed at events.
Acts as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M. Occasional other duties as assigned.
Required: Current student at Texas A&M University
Preferred: Due to the amount of training involved, prefer a student who will be able to work at this position for 2+ years
• Ability to take raw video and still images and "story tell" in a way that meets marketing and communications objectives
• Ability to capture, process and manage digital video from source materials
• Ability to edit professional quality video from conception to completion using Adobe Premier and After Effects editing software
• Functional knowledge of how to use transitional elements in video, such as cuts, dissolves, fades, and proper use of typeface in text frames
• Demonstrated proficiency in non-linear editing software package
• Must be able to work within Adobe Creative Suite using a Windows PC to design graphics
• Proficiency in MS PowerPoint and the ability to embed photography, video and audio into MS PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Texas A&M traditions and history
• Ability to:
o Provide good customer service
o Pay attention to detail
o Meet deadlines
o Figure out how to accomplish tasks without specific step-by-step instructions and close supervision
• Strong time management skills
READ ALL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION
Please go to http://tx.ag/application for an application. Mark "Student Assistant – Video Production" as the position you are applying for and submit it with resume, cover letter, class schedule and demo* to HumanResources@AggieNetwork.com or
505 George Bush Dr.
College Station, TX 77840.
* All applicants must submit a demo reel of prior work to support your knowledge of the required skills. The Association cannot be responsible for returning materials submitted, so please be sure to send copies
Ruffalo Noel Levitz Non-Profit Fundraising Professional
Student Fundraisers are responsible for calling friends, family and former students of Texas A&M University on behalf of The Association of Former Students, providing institutional updates, stewarding fundraising efforts and updating contact information. Students will utilize an automated calling system in a professional and enthusiastic environment. Qualified candidates will demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, insightful knowledge of the institution, ability to accept direction and a strong desire to achieve goals. The Call Center offers flexible scheduling Sunday from 1-4:30 p.m. and 5:30–9, and Monday - Thursday 5:30-9 p.m. Student Fundraisers are required to select and work 3 shifts each week with at least one of those shifts being on the weekend. Flexible scheduling, tuition assistance and bonus opportunities are available.
To apply, visit http://tamu.thecallingcenter.com