Tracing its origins back to 1879, The Association of Former Students exists to strengthen and serve Texas A&M University and its students and former students. As a premier nonprofit organization with a team of 80 FTEs, The Association exemplifies the Aggie Core Values of Excellence, Integrity Leadership, Loyalty, Respect and Selfless Service as it serves the worldwide Aggie Network.
The Association of Former Students is a team, and each member of the team is important to the overall success of the organization. To be successful as a team, we place high expectations on ourselves and one another. To achieve our goals and mission, each team member will:
- Display a positive, customer-focused attitude and treat all individuals with courtesy and respect.
- Manage each customer experience with the highest level of service and enthusiasm. Seek opportunities to exceed expectations and develop lasting relationships.
- Make innovative contributions by proactively challenging current practices and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contribute to our team environment by being a productive, supportive and reliable teammate. Take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes produced.
- Lead with a positive example, and in doing so, inspire others to fulfill the expectations of our team.
Full Time Positions
Part-Time/Student Assistant Positions
Various Student Assistant Positions open each semester as we near graduation. Departments include Accounting, Former Student Programs, Aggie Ring Program, Development, IT and Travel. If you are interested in exploring employment with The Association of Former Students, please submit a cover letter, a completed application tx.ag/Application, your resume and your upcoming class schedule to HumanResources@AggieNetwork.com or deliver to 505 George Bush Drive College Station, TX 77840.
Events Student Worker
Mon-Sun; varied hours including some holidays
Hours Per Week:
SCOPE: Assist The Association Events Department with set-up and tear-down of meetings, special events and conferences. Provide exemplary customer service to the campus community and guests in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner.
• Assists Events staff as instructed with preparing rooms for meetings, events and conferences including the delivery, set-up, tear-down and storage of equipment such as tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, and other items as needed.
• Provides equipment instruction and assistance to clients before and during event.
• Serves as an event monitor who is accessible at all times by client to troubleshoot and resolve technical and non-technical issues that may arise.
• Assists events staff with maintenance and tracking of equipment and supplies.
• Updates class schedule with manager each semester to discuss availability for this on-call as needed position.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Work required events including:
• Bi-annual Leadership Council Meetings, Annual Distinguished Alumni Gala, Football Home Game Days and Aggie Ring Days which occur in April, September and November.
Due to extensive training requirements, desire a student assistant who can work multiple years in this role.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities which may include:
• Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council Meetings.
• Participation on internal event and task committees.
• Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, TNT, Ring Delivery, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala and Game Day events, as needed.
• Represents The Association as needed at events.
Acts as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M. Occasional other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Organized, detail oriented and resourceful, with good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Reliable, punctual, flexible and willing to assist with a variety of tasks
• Have excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on customer service.
• Have familiarity with Microsoft Office.
• Be familiar with Texas A&M campus and surrounding area.
• Be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
• Available to work required events including: Bi-annual Leadership Council Meetings, Annual Distinguished Alumni Gala, Football Home Game Days Aggie Ring Days which occur in April, September and November.
• Work in a diverse environment (personalities, nationalities and thoughts) while remaining respectful and responsive to each member of our staff.
• Be on time for each work shift and all meetings.
• Be available to work evenings and weekend hours.
• Dress appropriately and neatly.
• This position requires tact, patience, a calm demeanor, and exemplary manners.
• Appropriate language and behavior are not only expected but required.
The Association of Former Students is a not for profit 501(c)(3) organization and is independent of Texas A&M University and the Texas A&M University System. This is NOT considered an "ON CAMPUS" job.
You may download a job application at tx.ag/Application
You can submit your completed application, resume and class schedule by one of three methods:On the Application, please put "Events On Call" in the applying for section.
1. Print, Sign, Scan and email in one attachment to HumanResources@AggieNetwork.com
2. Mail to: Human Resources 505 George Bush Drive College Station, TX 77840
3. Deliver directly to The Association of Former Students Front Desk
Ruffalo Noel Levitz Non-Profit Fundraising Professional
Student Fundraisers are responsible for calling friends, family and former students of Texas A&M University on behalf of The Association of Former Students, providing institutional updates, stewarding fundraising efforts and updating contact information. Students will utilize an automated calling system in a professional and enthusiastic environment. Qualified candidates will demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, insightful knowledge of the institution, ability to accept direction and a strong desire to achieve goals. The Call Center offers flexible scheduling Sunday from 1-4:30 p.m. and 5:30–9, and Monday - Thursday 5:30-9 p.m. Student Fundraisers are required to select and work 3 shifts each week with at least one of those shifts being on the weekend. Flexible scheduling, tuition assistance and bonus opportunities are available.
To apply, visit http://tamu.thecallingcenter.com