November 7, 2014
Clayton W. Williams Jr. Alumni Center
Ring Distribution: 12 - 6 p.m.
Thousands of Aggies, family and friends gather at the Clayton W. Williams, Jr. Alumni Center on Aggie Ring Day to celebrate achieving an academic milestone and receiving the most visible symbol of the Aggie Network – the Aggie Ring.
Aggie Rings ordered for November
Estimated guests on Ring Day
Aggie Rings distributed in 2013
Ring Scholarships awarded in 2013
Who Do I Invite?
There is no limit to how many guests you can bring but only you will need a Ring Ticket. You and your guests will not be permitted into the Alumni Center until your ticket group number is called. Consider how weather conditions, walking distances, limited seating and the crowds in and around the Alumni Center will affect your guests.
Pull Your Ring Ticket
What is an Aggie Ring Day Ticket?
It reserves a time on Ring Day to receive your Aggie Ring and gives you and your guests entrance into the Alumni Center when your group number is called. You can print the ticket or pull it up on your mobile device since the information will be saved to your profile.
Who needs a Ring Ticket?
Only the student receiving their Aggie Ring will need a ticket. Your guests will enter the building with you when your group number is called. Former students and guests do not need a Ring Ticket.
How do I get my Ring Ticket?
Ring pull opens online beginning Friday, October 31 at 7 a.m. and will continue through Ring Day. Time slots are limited and on a first come, first served basis.
Before You Leave Home
Aggie Ring Day is an exciting, but very busy day! Before you leave home, make sure you’re ready:
- Don’t forget your Ring Ticket, and two of the following: student ID, driver’s license and/or Ring receipt.
- Help your guests understand Aggie Ring Day – direct your guests to this website for information.
- Follow @AggieRingDay on Twitter or visit our website for Ring Day news including the current group ticket number, delays and other updates during the event.
- Make plans to meet your friends and guests outside. No one can wait within the Alumni Center for friends to pick up their Aggie Ring.
- Be prepared for limited cell service due to large crowds.
Aggie Ring Day Shuttle & Parking
On Aggie Ring Day, complimentary shuttles are provided to/from the Clayton W. Williams, Jr. Alumni Center from the West Campus Garage between 11:00 a.m. – 6:45 p.m.
We encourage you to park at the West Campus Garage and take the shuttle. Those with a valid parking permit may park at either their regular parking lot or in any Lot 100 space.
While You Wait
We want you to have an amazing Aggie Ring Day experience! When you arrive, find out what group number is on deck via twitter, our website or the signs next to the building entrance. When your group ticket number is next, you and your guests will line up under the banner which corresponds with the first letter of your last name: Please have your ticket ready so staff can verify it to enter the Alumni Center.
Limited seating under the tent near the Haynes Ring Plaza is available for guests who are unable to stand for long periods of time. Seating inside the Alumni Center is not available.
Accessible portable restrooms are located in the Alumni Center parking lot off George Bush Dr.
Questions: Ask an Association staff member in a neon yellow Ring Day shirt!
Things to do:
Watch Student Group Performances
Purchase Ring Day
Purchase Signed Benjamin Knox Prints
Purchase Bottled Water & Coke Products
Aggie Ring Polishing
Visit with the
Visit Bus 12
Getting Your Aggie Ring
You’re in the Alumni Center, now what?
Inside the Alumni Center, the lines will lead you to one of the Ring Delivery Rooms: last names A-R or S-Z. There are several stations within the Ring Delivery Rooms which are grouped by last names (i.e. Smith – Sterling).
- Find your corresponding line.
- Present 2 of the following: Ring receipt, Student ID, Driver's license.
- Sign and date indicating receipt of your Aggie Ring.
- Have someone present you with your Aggie Ring.
- Ensure engraving and class year are correct.
- Capture the moment.
Once you receive your Aggie Ring:
- Quickly exit the delivery area to take group pictures.
- Follow the exit signs to receive your Aggie Ring Day sticker.
- Do not go back through the balloon arch entrance.
You are not permitted to wait in the Alumni Center for another person’s ring delivery time.
What if it’s not a perfect fit?
Different activities and temperatures throughout the day can cause your hands and fingers to constantly change. Wearing your Ring for a few days will help you best determine if a resize is necessary. If you need to resize, stop by the Aggie Ring Office the following week.
Continuing Your Celebration
Congratulations on receiving your Aggie Ring! You’ve earned the most visible symbol of the Aggie Network, and now it’s time to celebrate this milestone with family and friends!
After you exit the building, remember to:
- Choose from one of the four picture stations below to take your free professional picture:
- 12 Ft. Haynes Ring Replica (located on the Spence Park side of the Alumni Center - 2 picture stations)
- Spirit of '02 Canon (located on the Spence Park side of the Alumni Center)
- Interlocking Ring Sculpture - Gift of the Class of '94 (located on the Houston St. side of the Clayton W. Williams, Jr. Alumni Center)
- Enjoy the festivities outside on the Alumni Center grounds, and take photos on our beautiful campus! Just remember - The Aggie Ring Day Shuttle will stop running at 6:45 pm
- Celebrate Responsibly!
Wearing The Symbol
Once that Fightin’ Texas Aggie Ring is on your finger, proudly wear it to broaden your Aggie Network and remind you that we are forever connected.
On Aggie Ring Day, please find a staff member in a neon yellow Ring Day shirt for assistance.
Aggie Ring Program
The Association of Former Students
505 George Bush Dr.
College Station, TX 77840-2918
Phone: (979) 845-1050
Fax: (979) 862-2608
Business Hours: Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm