Alton Marwitz '61
December 7, 2020 12:18 PM
updated: December 7, 2020 12:36 PM
Alton H. Marwitz
May 23, 1937 - April 26, 2020
Alton Henry Marwitz, 82, of Lampasas went to be with his heavenly father on Sunday, April 26, 2020. Graveside service will be held in Shive, Texas, St. Paul Cemetery, on Friday, May 1st at 10:00 AM.
Alton was born in Hamilton County on May 23, 1937 to Mathilda Alice and Henry Louis Marwitz. Alton married the love of his life, Carole Sharon Landua on June 7, 1958.
Alton & Carole first met when he worked as a house mover. Carole was interested in watching a house being moved. Alton was working underneath the house, preparing it for moving and as he rolled out from underneath it, Carole was standing there and for Alton,
it was love at first sight. Carole wasn’t too interested, but in time she came around. The rest is history. Alton & Carole complemented each other beautifully. They were so close, they completed each other’s sentence.
Alton worked in the banking business for over 40 years. Since he retired, he has enjoyed spending time on his cattle ranch, oftentimes sitting outside the barn watching the sunset with Carole.
Alton graduated from Texas A&M University in 1961. He was a lifetime Lutheran and was a member of Faith Lutheran Church in Lampasas. He worked and served on various committees throughout his life. He donated much of his time in the community and was well known
Alton was known by his grandchildren as G-Pops. There were countless weekends when you could find Alton & Carole at the ranch with their grandchildren, teaching them to appreciate nature and offering them tidbits of life advice.
Alton is survived by his wife, Carole, of 61 years; his son, Greg, of Fort Worth; his son and daughter-in-law, Doug and Melanie, of Cedar Park; his grandchildren, Shelby, Meagan, Slayter and Ty; his future great-granddaughter, Haelynn; and loving nieces, nephews
Memorials can be made to Faith Lutheran Church, P.O. Bo 884, Lampasas, TX 76550, and St. Paul Cemetery in Shive, c/o Mike Bosse, 3355 Co. Rd. 518, Hamilton, TX 76531.