Susan "Sue" Owen '94 February 5, 2018 11:14 AM updated: May 16, 2018 3:58 PM
Past Association board chair Kathleen Gibson ’81 will be the keynote speaker for the 2018 student-run campus Muster ceremony April 21 in Reed Arena.
Gibson is a Dallas business leader whose work on behalf of Texas A&M includes serving as the 2014 Chair of the Board of The Association of Former Students. She is a trustee of the Texas A&M Foundation and serves on the advisory council for A&M’s Center for International Business Studies.
Each year on and around April 21, more than 300 Muster events worldwide bring Aggies together and honor those who have died in the preceding year. The Association provides a bureau of potential Muster speakers, a Muster speaker packet and other assistance. Learn more here.
Most Aggies’ names are called at the local Muster closest to where they lived. The student-run Muster in Reed Arena calls primarily the names of students and A&M faculty and staff (see details below).
To learn which Muster will call a particular Aggie’s name, visit tx.ag/WhichMuster.
Gibson has been honored with A&M’s Tyrus R. Timm Honor Registry Award, the Women’s Legacy Award and recognition as a Fish Camp Namesake.
The Dallas Business Journal named her a “Top 25 Industry Leader in Women in Business,” and the Profiles in Diversity Journal included her in its 10th Annual Women Worth Watching edition.
Her community service in the Dallas area includes serving on the Dallas Regional Chamber board and executive committee, chairing the Dallas March for Babies Walk, and serving on boards for Children’s Medical Center, Dallas Center for the Performing Arts Foundation, the Dallas Opera, the Lamplighter School, Dallas Citizens Council, the City Club and Dallas’ 2012 Olympic bid committee.
This year, The Association will call all names on the Worldwide Muster Roll Call in a public reading to be livestreamed at sunrise April 21.
For more information on Muster, please see the following resources:
• Student ceremony and Muster tradition: muster.tamu.edu
• Criteria for names at student-run campus Muster: tx.ag/criteria
• List of names to be called in Reed Arena: tx.ag/CampusMusterRoll
• How to request that an Aggie be called at the local Muster you will attend: tx.ag/WhichMuster
• Locate a Muster near you: tx.ag/FindAMuster
• Hosting a Muster? List it on the map so more Aggies can find it: tx.ag/ListYourMuster
• View the Worldwide Roll Call: tx.ag/MusterRollCall
• Add a name to the worldwide Roll Call: tx.ag/AddAName