Paul LaRoche Jr. '45
December 5, 2016 10:29 AM
updated: December 5, 2016 10:33 AM
MEMORIAL OAKS CHAPEL INC obituary
1306 WEST MAIN
BRENHAM, Texas 77833
Paul Francis LaRoche
August 23, 1923 - December 02, 2016
Paul Francis LaRoche, Jr. passed away on December 2, 2016. He was born on August 23, 1923 in Dallas, Texas to Paul and Estelle (Keyes) LaRoche. After graduation from Crozier Technical High School, he entered Texas A&M University in 1941. During his time at
Texas A&M, he was a proud member of the Fighting Texas Aggie Band. He graduated with a degree in Chemical Engineering in 1945 after serving in the U.S. Army in the 10th Mountain Division during World War II. On May 14, 1949 he married Ruth Adele Dallmeyer.
He worked in Houston for 17 years as a sales representative for Power Specialty Company, a chemical processing equipment firm. During this time he was an active member at Faith American Lutheran Church in Bellaire.
In November 1962, he purchased the former Ollie Miller Chevrolet Company located at the corner of Stone and Market streets and moved to Brenham with his wife Ruth and their two children, Linda and Paul. He moved the dealership to its present location in 1965.
As owner of LaRoche Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac, he greatly enjoyed the automobile business and went to work every day until the age of 88.
He was very interested in the future of Brenham and Washington County and became active in civic and church activities including:
• 10 years as a member of the Brazos Valley Development Council
• Washington County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors/President in 1966
• Brenham Industrial Foundation for many years and served as President from 1968-1973
• President and member of Board of Directors of Washington County Industrial Development Corp.
• Member of City Development Board of Brenham
• Chairman of the fundraising campaign for the purchase of the land for Brenham State School
• Chairman of fundraising campaign for Kruse Memorial Lutheran Village
• Active member of St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, serving on various committees including Church Council and singing in the choir
• Member of the Board of Directors of Brenham Wholesale Grocery Company
• Member of the Board of Directors of Brenham National Bank
• Director of Washington on the Brazos State Park Association Board
• Rotarian of Brenham Rotary Club
• Washington County Chamber of Commerce Man of the Year in 1984
He is preceded in death by his parents, his wife Ruth, sisters-in-law Elvera Dallmeyer Muery and Jane Stevens LaRoche and brothers-in-law Sam Muery and Luther Utesch.
He is survived by his daughter Linda LaRoche Blum and husband Darrell, son Dr. Paul F. LaRoche III and wife Charlotte, 6 grandchildren
Catherine Blum Kenjura and husband Matt, Emily Blum Lee and husband Warren, Ben Wagner and wife Misti, Cole Wagner and wife Annette, Dr. Lauren LaRoche Neumann and husband Travis, and Paul F. (Rocky) LaRoche IV and wife Kelcie, 12 great grandchildren, brother
William E. LaRoche, sister-in-law Dorothy Utesch and husband Rowland Ball and numerous nieces and nephews.
Serving as pallbearers are his grandchildren. Honorary pallbearers are past and present employees of LaRoche Chevrolet Buick GMC Cadillac.
The family wishes to give their heartfelt thanks to Sharay Belton and Jernetta Brown, his caregivers for the past 5 ½ years.
Memorials may be given to St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church Renovation Fund, St. Paul’s Christian Day School, or Hospice Brazos Valley.
Visitation with the family will be at Memorial Oaks Chapel on Sunday, December 4, 2016 from 5:00 -7:00 pm. A celebration of his life will take place on Monday, December 5, 2016 at St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, Brenham at 11:00 a.m. with Pastor Phil
Monday, December 05, 2016
11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church
305 W. Third Street
Brenham, Texas 77833